Friday, June 14, 2013

Too many projects....so little time.

Hey my peepers!

I really need to learn to concentrate on ONE thing..maybe TWO. I dead set have one project half way made, another one 'pinned' and on my to do list, another in my head just waiting to jump out and then another one I am searching for supplies. All of these are new things too so very time consuming especially when I haven't got enough time to begin with!

Anywho..whats been going on at BBHQ?

Well this is my half finished project. My 'meow'! The poor thing has been sitting like this for over a week now and I just want to finish her. Maybe over the weekend I will get time to play. But I am VERY happy with how it's turning out. I have changed the reflection in the eyes a tiney bit thanks to some consultation with a smarty pants person I know. The bottom picture shows a "what I want it to kinda look like when it's finished" look. She def has potential. Plus who says cats can't be pink...pffft!


As you know I have been trying to design tote/library/dance/shopping/market/whatever bags. This is one design I've had in my head for a while and I finally released it. I actually did this design very very quickly and very roughly. I didn't think it would turn out as good as what it is for a very rough draft but hey...maybe I do some of my best work when not paying attention to detail 100% of the time. 

I just don't know if I want to add some more frills or 'something' to the front of the bag as it seems a little empty with just the ballerina outfit. 
 

Then TODAY I got to go to the Craft and Quilt Fair at Darling Harbour. Last couple of years I haven't been THAT impressed with it as it's just same old same old but this year there were some different things to look at even if I wasn't overly interested in them. But below you can see my little stash of goodies. 
 

I LOVE shopping at Patchwork with Gail B. Best...Fat1/4s...EVA! BF1/4E...hmm I don't think that acronym will catch on. Anywho as you can see I went a little cray cray at her stall and bought a heap of fabric. The one on the bottom on the far right is to make something special for my boyfriend, hence why I have hidden it. The red and white diamond one is going to be used in a hot air balloon I am going to make for a friend who is having a baby. Then the rest....wellllllll thats just for stuff. Balloons, cup cozies, applique....yoyos...bows...whatever!

Don't you just LOVE my little piggy measuring tape and matching scissors. I've been on the lookout for a cute measuring tape for a while because I am sick and tired of re-rolling my old skool one everytime I use it. PLUS I tend to roll it the wrong way so instead of having the "1" near the open end, it's usually the "150" or whatever length it goes up to. Me so silly.

My other goodies are some small silver sequins which sparkled heaps in the stall so I bought them but don't sparkle as much at home *sad face*. I'm sure it's just my lighting. Then the top left corner things are bells! Again for something I have 'pinned' and plan on making hopfully sometime soon.

Earlier in the week my nan went into hospital because she was naughty and let herself get very sick before going to the doctor. Of course we had a public holiday here on Monday which is the day she chose to give in so I had to lug her to the local medical centre instead of going to her normal GP. In hospital they found she had a bit of an irregularity with her heartbeat which I'm sure was unrelated to her cold but more of a coincidence! So she's now on meds for that to keep it under control and she's all good again. So glad it was only a short stay in hospital and she didn't get transfered to one further away.

Have a good and productive weekend!!


TTFN xx

No comments: