Sunday, May 12, 2013

This little piggy went to market.

Hello Hello!

I know I haven't updated for a while but I a) have been very busy and b) been very sick.

It's been a week since I did my first market so I thought I better blog about it!

For those of you who don't know it was at Oran Park Town which is a new estate being built around my area. It's really nice and open while all the land is still vacant but I can imagine what it'll be like in 5 years time!

Any who we got there just after 8am, got allocated out spot and started setting up. We were very lucky for it to be a nice and fine day except that when you're setting up a stall and a get quite hot. Not the mention already having a fever from battling a sinus and chest infection. 

I was lucky that I was able to arrange everything to fit in the two tables. I didn't have space or time to do a practice run in the days leading up so I was praying that everything looked alright in the end...which I think it did. It took us just under 2 hours to set everything up so I kinda rushed my photos as I wanted to take them before the market officially opened at 10am. 

Here are some piccies from the day!

My stall was 95% set up here but was looking a little bit bare at the front since I didn't get a garland made in time.

So I improvised with one of the crappy table clothes and just 'drapped' it at the front. It doesn't look overly crash hot but it was going to do for the day. Next time I am going to get some organza or chiffon and do the same.....but better. 

This was how I hung my hair clip and headband organisers. It worked out pretty good in the end except people didn't really know what they were. 

My lovely hot air balloons flying high above every ones heads! The three looked lovely but I think I needed more to make a better impact. 

The yummy cupcakes on the cake stand that I made from a plate, cup and upside down bowl! Looked pretty awesome considering the materials only cost $7.50. Hoping to make another if I am lucky enough to find a second lot of supplies. 

Here are some piccies of the area. We were in a park called the 'Temporary Park' haha. I suppose Oran Park Town Park sounds a bit confusing. You can see a couple of the other stall holders that were there on the day too. Plus we had some nice music from a couple of dudes called the Moonshiners..I think? 

Overall I had a great day and it was a good trial run for my first market. It wasn't overly busy but still busy enough for me to talk to people and do sales and catch up with some friends. I'm gathering lots and lots of info from other markets in the area now I have the confidence. Fingers crossed you'll be seeing another markets post in the near future!

Hope you all had a great weekend and a happy mother's day!

TTFN xxx

P.S I am 99% healed from my infections. Finally! After the market I was bed bound for about 3 days and had no energy to do anything apart from sleep, watch TV and play some Candy Crush.

No comments: