Sunday, December 30, 2012

New Year...??

So it's the 30th of December and that means that 2012 is almost at an end and new year is upon us! As with every new year people make resolutions and goals that they want to achieve over the next 12months so why would I be any different??

Let's go through a year in review of Brees Bowtique before we move onto the new, exciting and wonderful!


I'll have to start by saying that BB is simply a little hobby of mine which keeps me out of trouble. I really enjoy expressing my creative side and I feel that this keeps me sane (sort of). I was a little slack and still haven't released the website but now that BB has grown in many different directions this year it looks like I will have to go back and review it all again before it gets released. I did hurry the last bits and pieces of the website so I think I need to take some more time with it and make the layout a little more user friendly. I'm going to make this a 2013 project.

BB is slowly growing thanks to the awesome support from all of my lovely likers and customers. I don't intend BB to be a multi-million dollar business (wouldn't that be nice though) as I don't put the time and effort into any marketing but I get a kick out of seeing happy little faces in photos that are sent to me and great feedback from the mums and dads on my products. This is really what keeps me going. 

BB's christmas range grew with the addition of the Rudolf and Rudolfette T-shirts and singlets. These were hugely popular and I think I would see them on every second kid on the central coast if I were to visit, so many of them went up there! I have to give credit to my wonderful Photographer Kylie from Daylight Imagery for that one as heaps of my customers were ones who had heard about me from her. 

BB started to dabble in other areas of accessories such as dummy clips, hairclip & headband holders as well as testing out some clothing options in nappy covers and skirts. All of these got positive feedback from the likers so will be available in a wider range in the near future.  

So let's get on to 2013 shall we...??

While I only have a very small blueprint for twentythirteen here are some things that I hope to bring a wider range or new to Brees Bowtique. 
  • Headbands
  • Handmade Flowers  
  • Hairclip & Headband Holders
  • Cup Cozies - for both warm and cold drinks
  • Fabric coaster sets
  • Skirts and Shorts
  • Nappy Covers
  • Dummy Clips
  • New style of girls clothing involving lace, yoyos etc
While that doesn't look overly exciting...I think it will be! I really need to expand on the alice style headband range and I've been wanting to try other styles of girls tops for who knows how long but I always seen to go back to my applique. 

So here is to a great 2012 and an even better 2013!! Wishing you all a very Happy New Year and I'll see you all on the flip side!!

    

No comments: