Monday, March 28, 2011

Raggity Anne...

Since finishing everyones orders I have had some extra time on my hands to work on some new ideas which have been floating around in my head. The other day I found this really cool tutorial on the blog, Lil Blue Boo which I just had to give a go. On her blog she uses upcycled knit material but I thought I would use my cottons and see how they went...

Well in the top right corner you'll see the final result! I am really happy with how it turned out. It is a lot larger then what I was expecting but thats alright. Plenty of time to tweek it! I have put this one on an elastic and am going to be giving it to a lil friend for her birthday to match a top we're giving her. Because I haven't fray checked the material I am going to call them Raggy Bows as I am sure they will eventually fray with use over time and become 'raggy' looking.

The bottom pics is a cute little yoyo snap clip which I will also be giving this friend for her birthday. I was planning on doing a light pink, white and grey combo but when I went to the material shop they only had dark or medium grey which looked yuk. *sad face* So I decided to go with just light pink and white. I'm also attempting a double fab bow headband in these materials...so far it's going alright but the stripey material is rather thick once you've folded it about 8 times on itself so that COULD pose some issues.

I also have some other exciting news but my lips are sealed until it has been announced.

TTFN xoxo

No comments: