Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Fab Flowers complete!

Just a quick one from me today.

I haven't had a whole lot of time recently to create which absolutely sucks. I want to know where the time goes!

Anyway my pic today includes two of my new Fab Flowers! Like my Fab Bows these are made of fabric (hence the 'fab') and I just fiddle and fart around until I have a pretty flower! I think I still need to work on creating the petals and having them sit properly. The pink one was my second attempt where I paid more attention to the petals but some still came out a tad wonky. Don't you love the little centre "button" look. I was looking at some flower brooch tutorial the other day and they made centres out of material and stuffing and they look almost identical to a fabric covered button. I think it's fantastic! I can't wait to get this going on some of my YoYos. Going to save me a heap considering I was going to buy a fabric button maker thingo (look at my perfect technical explaination).

The other flower was my first attempt at making a fabric flower with some of the AWESOME fabric I found at the Op shop. It's not perfect but I love the little pearl detail, makes it so pretty and vintage looking. Think I need to find out what the material is next time I am in Cabramatta and get it in different colours.

TTFN xoxo

No comments: